Sunday, November 9, 2008

Shout outs!

11.08.08 – So it’s Day 5 of the Maritime portion of the Unity Tour w/ Means and I thought I would drop a quick line to say thank you to some people who’ve been helping us out thus far on the tour.

Big thanks to our friend Yannick in Quebec City for putting us up for a night. I’m sorry your roommate moved out the day after we slept over. I really hope it didn’t have anything to do with us!

Thanks to Adam and all the Syracuse Me dudes for helping us out with our trailer tire, and to Al Douglas for putting on a rad show in PEI. Jen, I’m sorry I had to cut our conversation short due to my physical illness... still haven’t figured out whether or not I had food poisoning or the flu. That’s beside the point. The point being that throwing up for 48 hours on tour sucks.

Big thanks to all the kids in Glace Bay for rocking out to our set and for buying so many of our “Let’s Start A Riot” lighters! Who would have thought they’d be such a hit in Glace Bay?

Halifax was a really cool show for us because we got to reconnect with some awesome friends from the Swellers tour. Huge thanks to Nellie, Manduh, Shayla, Thera, Nicole, Sam, Lauren, Jillian and Britney for making it out to the show again and hanging out. You guys are too awesome. Thanks to Mark Drifter for doing a kick-ass job with the sound again and for showing us around the city afterwards. I have to say Blackie and I are pretty bummed we didn’t get to sing any Journey or Brian Adams at Karaoke at the Oasis bar but we’re glad Alex got to sing a stellar version of a Mighty Bosstones tune! Finally, thanks to Hemeon for letting us pull up to your place at 5:30am after driving all night from Glace Bay. We miss you in Toronto bro!

Last night’s show in St. John was really something special since neither Means nor ourselves have ever played St. John before and it ended up being one of the best shows of tour so far. So thank you Jared for putting on such an awesome show. It was really cool for us to meet people who drove from all over New Brunswick to catch the show. Finally, thanks to Mel for taking such good care of us again! You are amazing. Can’t wait to be back!

I think the Wizard in Means put some type of elf ornaments in my travel bag. I’m not quite sure what they mean yet but they might be stirring up some bad Ju-Ju in The Artist Life camp. I think he already performed some type of Wizardry that caused me to 1) break a guitar strap in Halifax and 2) break a tuning peg off my guitar in St. John I must find a way to prevent the Wizard from damaging any more of my guitar gear. More on this later...

Driving in the rain and listening to Belle and Sebastian’s “If You’re Feeling Sinister” may be one of my favourite things to do. You should all try it the next time it rains. It is sure to make you smile.

Deaner

No comments: